Counter and Groove

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Drunk Philosipher

I got a call yesterday from a close mate from school. He was in a phonebox, in scarborough, and said he wanted to meet up to chat. Turns out he's bailed on uni - he was studying law and is now 'taking a year out'. It seems pretty, erm, stupid, to me: such a rash decision 'n all that. Yet he fully justified it, saying that if he stayed there he'd just fuck it up and screw up his chances of getting a degree. Makes sense, really.

Though I think it's a pretty bad move, I kind of admire him for it. I've been feeling much the same way lately, though would never make such a decision - I bloody hope that my current mind-set doesn't do that for me ><, (I'm studying now! working on my project!).

Anyway, we grabbed a pizza, a few drinks, a pack of cigs and hit my room for a lenghty chilled-out catching up session. He seems to have it all mapped out, what he's gonna do this year and how he's gonna get 'back on track', and I'm positive that he'll stick to his words.

Tonight I had an interesting chat with a busker. I was pretty bored so went for a wander. The distant melodies of his guitar playing caught my attention, so I headed over and gave him some change. He seemed thrilled, and we struck up conversation - nothing meaningful, just pointless, meandering shite. From the sound of it, life's treated this guy pretty badly. It made me reflect on what a lazy bastard I am and how I'm wasting the oppertunities that I'm getting day after day - uni, friends, family..all that stuff.

A pretty crap post, just recording my thoughts after the two different yet similar encounters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home