Counter and Groove

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Come on Eileen, too-loo rye-aye!

Last night I played my first 'official' gig with my cover band, 'Diversion'. We played at a pub in a small village. It was bloody heaving and I'd say there were around 150 people throughought the night. The audiance were really good and interacted a lot with the band: "Come on Eileen, too-loo rye-aye" anyone?!

Two of my housemates decided to come along too, which rocked! They were both surprised to find out that we wern't a metal/heavy rock band, and said how much they'd enjoyed it. My German housemate seemed to love it especially, despite the lacking of any Hasslehoff in our setlist :p Regardless, he bought me a pint or two throughout the night to keep me going...3 pints and I could still play, sort of! ^^,

A highlight from the night had to be when we were playing pool before the gig started: my friend and the German dude were on the black and he missed a real easy shot that cost him the game. In a furied storm of rage, he shot up and exclaimed "Nein!", to which the pub went silent and looked at him. We pissed ourselves with laughter.

Good fun. We're playing at Murray's on Sunday Oct' 23rd, I hope to see you all there!

1 Comments:

  • eXcalibur live on!

    Come on Ivor, too loo rye-aye!

    Brudda Mary salues ye Black Beneth!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/17/2005 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home