Counter and Groove

Friday, May 27, 2005

konnichiwa!

Kooooooonichiwa!

Reached Japan! The flight rocked - met so many strange people on the way and had the pleasure of spending the 14hour flight next to a lovely Japanese girl! ^^,

There was also an old women who I sort of befriended by giving her water (she looked very thirsty). As a result, she harrassed me throughout the flight. I soon became intimidated, nay, terrified, of her inquisitive gestures and asked my friend iff he thought I was being stalked. The heartless bastard replied: "Dude, I told you not to give her any water".

The people of Japan rock. They really do kick arse, especially the older ones! Though they don't speak English, they seem to love me. Case 1: In the cue for train tickets I let a stray old lady past to join her pod of fellow oldies. She gestured thankyou, so I replied "daijoubu desu!" ("it's no problem!"). At which point I was engulfed by the entire flock of grannies and hammered by a rapid beat of super-fast Japanese. I used my skills (term used lightly) to describe that I was lost, at which point she legged it accross the station, shrieking, in a highly effective way, "Sumimasen, sumimaasen!" ("excuse me!") at a station gaurd. Very funny, extremly useful. So many similar cases, including asking some local punks for directions to a guitar store, recieving choclate treats for saying thanks in japanese at a local shop..the list goes on! Time permits not though sorry!


So yeah, Japan is really cool. though contradictionally extremely warm ;). I'm drinking so much water it's unreal. I really hope I can adjust to this climate, and quickly at that!

Havn't hit any clubs yet, though we've visited a massive shrine/temple which was pretty good.

Anyway, gotta dash!

Ja mata ne

5 Comments:

  • Sounds like you're having a wicked time out there; but do not forget your mission young padawan - you must find the castle (even if it means travelling back in time to the 1980s)!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/27/2005 9:50 AM  

  • meccha ukeru wa x) haha so.. welcome to Japan! :D I'd wondered if you were okay and now I'm relieved to hear that you are already having such fun! drop me a call sometime, i (and Mai ;)) have to decide where we'd meet! have fun, don't be henna gaijin there too much! i joke! later,

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/27/2005 10:41 AM  

  • look out for capricorn jackson! that tanned foo'!

    great to read that your well, keep blogging up yo japanese adventure... it fills my life with colour!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/27/2005 12:38 PM  

  • man you aughta chill on the sake!haha you be tripping green lizzards by sunrise.good to see you`re working on the olds, showing them how "sweet" these "western boys" are, in order to really seduce their daughters!Good move my sun, you`ll be introduced to tanyoshi bolloksie (the whip) if you behave in any other way.

    keep bloggin mofo, i tried drawing you a picture but it didnt like me :(

    later

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/27/2005 8:30 PM  

  • HAHHAHAHA mofo, just watch and learn!
    http://daynews.ru/index.php?act=show_news&id=939751

    that dude tried stealing a handbag in tokyo!be carefull if you try such deeds yourself!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/27/2005 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home