Counter and Groove

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Sunshine Lollipops and,..

Crrent Time:
---------------
"Argh! Pain!It burns, it burns! Curse you bringer of life, curse you! "

Prelogue:
-----------
I got the book 'the Beach' on wednesday and decided to check it out straight away.

"Oh, the weather's nice, I'll go read outside" I decided. -Strike one.

Picture it: An unusally sunny and summer-ish day forms the backdrop to the story; a plump-looking patio decking chair offers the comfort; and 'the Beach' acts as the afternoon's host.

So, having got a few pages in, I decide it's a decent read and continue.

"shit, it's warm." I think. I engage shorts and continue reading. -Strike two.

Wow, the beach book really is a great read - extremely immersive: I could feel the Thai sun beating down on me.

"shit, it's so fucking hot" I remind myself. In response, I remove tshirt and collapse into a sprawled heap, hoping that nature will do the cooling for me. -Strike 3.

..anyway, I got hauled in by the books style. 3 hours later, realising that it was infact the UK sun beating down on my semi-naked self and not just a mental illusion from reading, I decided to retreat in doors to the less-hostile shade. It's at that point that I noticed my slightly pink looking knee, and slighly rosey looking breasts. I kid not, the sun had indeed crushed the glowing figure that is yours truly into a fucking pink-breasted clown. I looked like a strawberry mini milk, minus the wooden extrusion of course.

And now, 2 days later, my knees are still small red globes and my chest still resembles that of the aptly named robin red breast. Man this sucks, it's so painful and irratating,

Curse you bringer of life, curse you!