Counter and Groove

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Hey, hey, hey. What's in your head?

"I love it when a plan comes together" as spoken by Murdoch: how true are these words? Strangely, for once, they're very true. Infact, I can almost taste the bitter-sweet scent of a victory cigar right now. Oh yes.

I'm finally (almost) ready to depart the UK and to head East to the land of the rising sun.

I've spent most of today scouring the shops of scarbrough for a number of items to systematically cross off my 'Must Get!' list, including, but not limited to: a bag: to store stuff in; some Japanese Yen: you *can* buy happiness, but only if the currencie's right; toothpaste: a smile's worth a thousand words, so long as it's gilnty-fresh; a Japanese maple tree: for my brother. He likes trees; and so much more! My god, my bank's taken a right arse raping these last few days, but I can somehow justify it.

Yet amongst all this hustle and organised chaos I was somehow able to cram in one last jam with my beloved band tonight: All went well, we nailed a few songs before concluding with an 8minute version of 'Zombie'.

Anyway, the plan for the next 48 hours are roughly as follows:
* grab a train to Manchester. Do not forget bags, passport, tickets, toothpaste etc.
* emerge at Manchester, hook up with my bro' in law. Head out to his pad and chill with he and my older sis'.
* get up at some fucking gruesome hour in the morning on wed' (5ish). Head out to manchester airport, wait for our flight.
* fly to Paris. Admire the hairy-armpitted French babes. oh-la-la.
* fly to Tokyo
* get off plain. Ask oneself "what the fuck am I doing? Where am I? Which way to Takeshis castle?!" then scream "higai!" and charge for the nearest obstacle course.
* somehow find our hotel. Befriend the locals. Get some sleep and food. Head out to partay, and, as they say, the rest shall be history!

Should be interesting to say the least.