Counter and Groove

Monday, May 30, 2005

Japanese Weekend part 1

Argh! Excellent weekend!

Hmm where to begin?! it's been so eventful! ...ok, friday night: let's rock!

Firday daytime: Jet-lag was still kicking my arse, so I went to bed at about 6pm. I later woke at about midnight, and whilst brushing my teeth started talking to a Japanese dude amed Yoshi (well he's Swiss but has Japanese parents). Anyway, we got on well and decided to grab a beer from the local vending machine (yeah, Japan rocks, I know!) and headed out to the streets in search of a park. We hit the parks about 30 mins later, crashed out on the swings and chatted about shite in general. Good fun.

Saturday: Whilst sat in the communal lobby, I noticed 2 new arrivals at the hostel: a Canadian couple. Myself and my friend soon befriended them and decided to show them round the local sites and such, including a massive temple and a 100yen shop: Both spectacular in their own rights!

Saturday night: The jet-lagged Canadians bailed early, so I decided to hnag out with 3 Americans and a Japanese girl. We decided to ignore the pub in favour for a few rounds of vodka-and-coke. Needless to say, I didn't stand for long ><, Shortly after, we headed out to a pub in order to continue the drinking. Fun indeed.

Sunday: Myself, my friend, the 2 Canadians and the Japanese-Swiss guy headed out to the area where the Uni' is to check out the fashion-hotspots (we were curious, ok!). Man, it was heaving. The fashions there were so extreme: Literally everyone was dressed to impress; it was hard to believe that people would put so much time, effort and ultimately money into looking 'cool' on a daily basis! Though I have to say, all the fashions were a little strange in the sense that 95% of it are styles form the UK/America 5 or ten years back. We saw a few Japanese goths, too. Very cool looking actually! Though I cannot imagine how they endure the Japanese sun :/

Sunday night: Time to party! 8 of us hooked up and tooka subway to 'Roppongi': the party area for foriengers and Japanese alike. Excelent fun, met some really cool Japanese guys and girls! Will be sure to get in touch with them again for another night out!

Today we visited Tokyo centre to get bus tickets to Kyoto. We're heading out there on wed (or thursday?) and will meet up with a few friends, including the 2 canadians again! Cannot wait!

Anyway, gotta dash! Wish I could go into more detail on things, but no time sorry ><,

By the way! I love japan, but apples here are so expensive! ><,

2 Comments:

  • huzzah for ben befriender of nations!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/30/2005 4:02 PM  

  • haha! too right ol' chap, too right!

    though the french are facking cants. At least the 3 I've met so far were really annoying bastards :/

    Every other nation kicks arse though. better still, they all live up to their stereotypes!

    By Blogger Ben, at 5/31/2005 4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home