Counter and Groove

Sunday, August 07, 2005

canary toast

argh. good. night. out.

wanted to sleep, but urge for toast and hot-choclate prevails.

Today was the carnival of my village - an annual one-night festival, featuring crappy blue-peteresque floats, live music and lots of drinking.

It all kicks off around 2pm, though we decided to head up at 9ish once the bands were in full swing and the place was busy. A good call - by 9, the bands were in full swing. and the place was busy.

It was ok, though only 3 of us went up. After not long we bailed. Though I decided to come back up later on my own. Kind of bored, and a bit lonely, I strolled the packed festival like a sheep with a broken road map- unsure where to go or why for that matter.

"ben, ben..ben!" I heard from behind me as I walked into the pub, "ben!". It was my guitarist and drummer, enjoying a pleasant bevvy or two at the pub. They caleld me over and effectivley pushed me into getting a bit pissed. Not too much though. After maybe an hour, I decided to bail home - I had a huge urge to eat cereal, and the pub could not help me there. So I went home, ate cereal and became confused. Fortunately my friend called, and declared that he and 2 others were heading out for the afore-mentioned carny. score.

plenty of carny themed fun persued. then a fatty-bum-batty sealed the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home