Counter and Groove

Sunday, August 14, 2005

..and to divert!

man, last night rocked!

It was the bday party of my mother, who'd recently turned 50, and my nephew, who'd turned 9 on the day. A strange combination indeed, though the crowd was surprisingly good!

The party kicked off around 2pm with a large bouncy castle and lots of party game things for my nephew. The bouncy castle was cool. My friends and I, being the oldest there, decided it'd be a shame not to torment the fun-loving kids - all would be explained if only I could upload video files to my blog! Oh, and I learned a hard lesson: it's not a good idea to show off to kids - I tried doing a back flip on the castle and, well, landed on my neck and it bloody wrecked all night.

As day turned to night the crowd grew in numbers and the party morphed from a 9yr old's do to a drinkning free for all, driven by some hard rock from the lovely "Diversion" (my cover band). It was our first gig, so I was a little nervous. Fortunatley my kind peers had some nerve-settling herbs which were appreciated; Having rolled, we were now set to rock, and rock hard too baby!

We opened fashionably late - almost 90 minutes. Following a hefty soundcheck we were ready to go, and kicked off with a U2 song (Vertigo). I can't really remember what songs were next, though I know we played Zombie at some point and ended with a Foo Fighters song (Best of You). Then an encore of 2 or 3 more songs including Whiskey in the Jar, which I pissed up pretty badly towards the end ><, Actually, I pissed up quite a lot... argh! ><,

Anyway, a diverse set for a diverse crowd - kids, teenagers, adults (I think I'm in this category), pirates... (haha, thanks for fancy dressing zack, neeltron, luke, faith 'n john!). Regardless, the crowd seemed to enjoy the band, I know I did :)

Ah the band had finished, but the best was to come! My drunken haggard sisters stormed the mic' and started singing madonna's 'like a virgin'. What a bloody slice of fried gold that was, they rock!

Following the band a few people left. I'm not sure what happened after..I think I was trying to stop my 9yr old niece and co' from lynch-mobbing 'funky-pirate-man' Zack. I was hoping dangling the little beast above my pond would make her stop, but no such luck. I think Zack enjoyed the attention though, haha.

It was getting late(r) and some more people had to leave. I sort of got roped in to walking home a friend. A nice walk, and some, erm, 'reflective' chatter was had. We got to the house. And talked a bit more. Then I left. She went in. D'oh!

I finally met back up with my friends, and we visited a local childrens' play park for some tokey-toking.

I got in at about 1ish and collapsed in bed. I slept pretty shite, and woke up around 4am. I was totally restless. The night's events ran through my thoughts, seemingly unreal as with all good times.

2 Comments:

  • Yarr!

    Thanks t'ye fer t'grand evening Squire Beneth! I had me a grand ole time wit' me wench n piratey crew!

    Some excelente pictures, a fine booty n' perfect way t'capture t'whole event fer eternity n' t'world t'see!

    Funky Pirate Man Strikes Again!

    Tally Ho!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/14/2005 10:04 PM  

  • w00pety w00p....
    WORRRRRRDD!

    Great party.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/15/2005 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home