Counter and Groove

Saturday, August 20, 2005

night out (working title)

oh man. what a fucking shit night i've had. i'm pretty drunk, but cabn't seem to clear my mind for long enough to sleep - cue the blog: the beloved filtration device that separates one's working mind from all troubles via a simple yet lengthy stream of text.


Today i've been feeling pretty down in genral. my friend must have sensed this and took advantage - he pushed me into a night out on the town with him. I really didn't want to go but ended up doing so regardless.

having arrived in town, i bumped into a few friends that i've not seen in ages (2 or 3 years). we rocked out and got rather pissed togather. I had a pretty cool time, especially considering that tonight was the club's metal/rock night, meaning that the surrounding noise pollution did indeed hold some appeal to my metal loving ears.

time ticked on and blood alcohol levels rose; the night was looking good. But aFTER NOt so long the banshee that is my mates ex began to harrass him in many unspeakable ways. Following which, she hurled a load of drink at him, and he hurled a load back - not only was i metaphorically in the middle, but quite literally, thus taking a harsh blow from the tides of alcoholic waves thrown by each party. The hill had, at this point, began to slope downawards. And rather steeply at that too.

anyway, i decided it was a good time to bail out and so reounded up my friends. as we were leaving, trouble erupted (once more) and the security threw in their unwanted and unvoiced opinion. Shjortly after which, my mate got arrested, leaving me a friend and his newly aquainted laDY FRIEND alone.

totally untriumphant.

i qwent out with 1 friend, met a few more, had a good time, got beer threw at me, lost half my shoe, watched my mate get arrested and chatted about badgers in teh taxi ride home. an interesting night. a definate aggreeance on my pessimistic views on the human race. kind of fun, at parts, but on the whole a bit shite, really. wouldn't want to repate it that's for sure.

i think i'll regret posting this in the morning, but hey, i wanted to share that right now. alcohol sucks, as does clubbing. i shudda just stayed home :/

--oh wait, my arrested mate just rang me. looks like the plot of the night's events just thickened. looks like my role is indeed incomplete as such.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home