Counter and Groove

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Double Dutch

while I was in Japan I got talking to this Dutch guy:

"it's strange, you know, I'm visiting all these beautiful temples here yet back home I just walk straight by our Churches..Maybe I'll check them out when I get back?"

..and that made me think: Yeah Japan rocks, it's beautiful. But how about England? How about North Yorkshire? There's gotta be some cool stuff here. There just *has* to be! So, armed with my camera I grabbed my bike and headed out into the (relatively) unknown...

After not so long of cycling down deserted country paths I spotted vast blankets of green feilds: usually ignorable, but after just 3 weeks in the concrete jungle it's pretty striking.

(excuse the image quality, my resizing skills are shit).



Shortly after this I spotted an interesting looking sign:


That's right, a public footpath! I decided to haul my bike over the fence and go investigate...there were lots of nettles and stinging plants, which aren't any problem unless you're wearing shorts, which sadly, I was. Regardless! I pressed on and eventually found a forest clearing that looked pretty rad in itself:



This place is pretty cool: it looks great, smells great and just has a really chilled out feel to it! I used to go here with friends when we were younger - just to hang out and such really. Good times indeed ^^,

So I guess there are decent things in this area. And what's more, it's not a case of "if you look hard enough" :)

Anyway, that's today's reflection on hunmnaby, n.yorks! I hope it touched your hearts in a way you never thought feilds, signposts and bushes could.

And on that note, I'm off to jam out at some bloody heavy metal with my band |,,|/ ^^,

1 Comments:

  • hey, cool blog. glad you had fun in japan. it's funny, i did the same thing when i went back to kyoto. went to see temples and stuff. i guess when you go away for a while you learn how to appreciate things about home that you never thought about, or something :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/25/2005 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home